Many many thanks to Phil over at Our Daily Scraps for nominating me for the Liebster Award for 2018. She’s got a lovely little blog where she posts the most mouth-watering recipes for simple easy to make goodies. Sorry Phil…. I sat on this one for a really long time. I wanted to do justice to it you see! 🙂
When I first saw my nomination in the comments section, believe it or not, my instant reaction was to close her message. Then I counted till 10 – S L O W L Y – and checked again. But it was still there – the nomination, you know. I hadn’t been imagining it after all! 🙂
The Liebster Award is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers who they think need encouragement and recognition. It was started by The Global Aussie in 2003., if I have my facts right.
The rules for the 2018 Award are as below :
• Thank the person who nominated you
• Display the award on your post
• Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blogging
• Provide 10 random facts about yourself
• Answer the questions given to you
• Nominate 5-11 other blogs for this award
• Ask them creative and unique questions of your own
• List the rules and inform your nominees of the award
I got into blogging just over a year back. And one year on I am still learning the nuances. It’s an ocean. Just when I master something a new thing crops up!! My blogs are inspired by simple everyday random things – some news item, a trending topic, anything….. I present it in a humorous manner aimed at bringing on a smile or a chuckle in my readers. Some blogs are well received and I am all smiles for the next few days. Whereas when some blogs don’t do as well as expected, of course I am affected. But happily, I bounce back pretty fast and I am back at what I love doing – Blogging of course!
About those 10 random facts about myself :
- “Jack of all trades, Master of None” describes me best! To elaborate – apart from writing, I am into singing (old and new Hindi film songs), stitching (to-be-worn-at-home kind of clothes), embroidery (I like to fill up any plain sarees or dresses with designs), reading ………!
- My close friends are aware of my secret partiality to a hot Butter Naan and a cold Kulfi!! Drooool!!!
- I do not like lizards. Let’s be frank here – I am terrified of them!!
- I am not and never will be a gourmet cook. While most of my friends can rustle up fancy dishes which are awesome to the look and to the taste, I struggle with basics.
- New place + New bed = No sleep. (sigh) That’s me.
- I love talking!
- But I am also a good listener. 🙂
- If someone tells me a secret and tells me I’m the only one they’ve told it to, I am never sure whether to be flattered or nervous!
- I have it from reliable sources that I rock back and forth when I’m doing something. which requires concentration. It’s unconsciously done believe me!!
- I have a soft corner for containers – all shapes and sizes – I’ve even written a blog about that!! 🙂 If you like you can check it out here.
Phil has some challenging but interesting questions for her nominees. I’ll give them my best shot!!
1. Were you afraid to start blogging? Why or why not? (Is this looking like a high school test already?)
Let’s say I was more nervous than afraid. When my son set it up for me, he did say it wasn’t fully ready to use just then, but I was so impatient to get going that I wrote out My First Blog in just a few minutes and hit Publish. I didn’t know about The Reader, the Friday First Post or the Community Pool for a very long time. I was nervous and unsure about the whole thing!!
2. If you could pick a book to live in for a week, what book would it be?
P G Wodehouse’s Pigs have wings!! Never fails to bring on the chuckles!
3. What do you think is your biggest character flaw?
My not-so-good memory. I tend to mix up names, dates, facts, figures…….
4. What traits do you look for in a best friend?
To just be there. And a sense of humor.
5. If you had no internet for a week, what would you do?
Try to finish at least a couple of my various half-finished projects.
6. What is one thing you can’t believe you have actually done/completed?
This question brought back memories….. I’d started an embroidery pattern to be framed when I was in College. It was a pretty big one with two rabbits and some flowers and grass in between to be done in cross-stitch. That was quite okay. What wasn’t, was the filling of the background (yes, the whole background!) with red stitches which took forever!! I tried bribing the rest of the family to pitch in but except for my mom who took pity on me and helped fill up a bit of the background I had to go it by myself. I kept shelving the project for long stretches of time….. Eventually I did complete it!! 🙂
7. What sort of things instill fear in you?
Venturing into anything new.
8. What is one thing about you that most people wouldn’t guess?
9. Do you type faster than you write or write faster than you type?
I definitely write way faster than I can type. I still write out all the drafts for my blog in note-books before I type them on my laptop. That way I can keep up with the flow of my thoughts and phrases.
10. If you were an inanimate object, what would it be and why?
That’s a tough cookie! Let’s see….. I’d like to be a rock on the highest mountain – so then I would actually feel on top of the world – but rocks don’t ‘feel’ so now I’m confused! 🙂
I’d like to nominate Deepa over at Deepasthoughts, Pia Majumdar at Finally Unchained, Thepsychogrok, Philosophy through photography , and my good friend Ritu over at
But I smile anyway. They are all people who have amazing blogs for one reason or other. Do check them out. In my turn I have these questions for them…..
- If given a chance, what would you like to change about yourself?
- What were you looking for when you started your blog?
- A movie, book or friend – which one for company when feeling low?
- What 3 things do you always carry in your purse/wallet?
- Have you ever dreamed of doing something out of your comfort zone?
- Do you have any OCDs (obsessive compulsive disorder)?
- Which do you favor – a white lie or a candid truth?
- What freaks you out most?
- What is the thing that most irritates you in a person?
- What does this award mean to you?
If you guys have managed to reach this far with me, I am touched. 🙂